1. billing increments The fractional
measurements of elapsed time in seconds
or minutes in which calls are billed. We
bill in 6 second increments. You will
wind up spending more if you are billed
in 30 second or 1 minute increments.
2. carrier-grade Highly scalable in
features and functionality. Designed for
a large customer base.
3. latency In telecommunications this
is the measurement of speech delays in
4. monthly minute allowance The amount
of minutes included per month with your
monthly service fee.
5. overage per minute rate The per
minute fee that is billed once the
monthly minute allowance is exceeded
within a 30 day billing cycle.
6. port Transferring a toll free
number to another carrier. If you
acquire a new toll free number that is
portable, if need be you are permitted
to port it over to another carrier.
7. resporg form Short for Responsible
Organization Transfer Form. This form is
necessary to port a toll free number
from an existing carrier to a new
carrier. It must be filled out, signed
and submitted to the new carrier that
the subscriber wishes to transfer the
number to. Once submitted, it usually
takes about 3-7 days for the process to
8. vanity number A number that has
advertising appeal. Easy to remember and
has relevance to your business, product
or service that you sell. E.g.
For more information on vanity numbers
9. VOIP Voice Over Internet Protocol.
10. web interface Secure web login
area for subscribers where modifications
can be made to their account.